Weather this past week has been wonderful. I was so thankful it continued through the weekend so that I could enjoy my drive to and from Indiana, even if I did forget my jacket.
One of my favorite things about spring is that I can drive with my windows down and music up. After six months of not being able to do that, it’s such a relief to finally roll down the windows and let out all of that stale winter air that has been building up from all of the sweaty bundled up people who’ve ridden in my car all winter, including me. Air fresheners can only do so much before it becomes just a mask over only the grossest smells.
Along with that change, though, comes a change in music. There are some songs and CDs that just beg to be played while driving down the road on a sunny day. So far I’ve come up with a short list:
- Rilo Kiley’s “Under the Blacklight” CD, particularly the song “Silver Lining”
- “Love Liberty Disco” by the Newsboys (It’s so much better than anything they’re doing now.)
- Just about any CD by All Star United
- The song “Soaking Up the Sun” by Sheryl Crow (I have it on a mix CD from Egan.)
- Several mix CDs made by Egan, Katie and Kelsay, but there are so many different artists on those I can’t remember them all.
Do you have any others you’d suggest adding to the list?