Have you heard of this trend? I think I first ran across it on Ali Edwards’ blog, but it’s a popular concept among digital scrapbookers and bloggers in general I think. I decided that this year I would join in and choose one word to focus on in 2011. A word to guide my thoughts, my scrapbooking, my personal life, and my spiritual life.
My word is “believe.”
A few inspiring definitions from dictionary.com:
- to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so
- to have faith in the reliability, honesty, benevolence, etc., of
- to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.)
A few statements to get me started “believing” this year:
- I believe in the truth of God’s Word
- I believe in the reliability of God
- I believe that I have something of value to share with others through my writing and other creative pursuits
- I believe that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him” (Romans 8:28, NIV)
I believe many more things, and hope to share a few of those with you throughout the coming year. I chose this word because lately my life has not been showing evidence of my beliefs. I need to remind myself of what I believe in, and why. It’s a word I can apply to every area of life – creative, spiritual, personal, family, public, and emotional life.
Do you have a word for 2011? I’d love to hear what it is! If you haven’t chosen one yet and need some ideas, Ali Edwards compiled this great list last January.